SETTING UP OF INSITUTE FOR TRAINING TO SCHEDULED CASTE CANDIDATES IN STENOGRAPHY TRAINING INSTITUTES AT MOHALI
In order to fill the backlog in the cadre of steno /clerical posts, the Department of Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Backward Classes, Punjab has established Stenography Training Institute, Mohali in 1987-88 (under 100 % Special Central Assistance) to impart training in Typing and shorthand in English/Punjabi to the unemployed graduate belonging to scheduled castes families having annual income of the family from all sources less than Rs 3600 or having yellow card. On the same pattern, three more centre were sanctioned at Amritsar, Ferozepur and Patiala. Under this scheme, candidates are provided training in Typing and Shorthand in English/Punjabi to fill the backlog of vacant posts in the Ministerial cadres in the State Government/Central Government and private sectors also. As per the norms of the Scheme, only the graduate youth belonging to BPL families are considered for admission but in case some seats are left vacant then candidates having family income upto Rs 1 Lakh will be admitted. If some seats are still left vacant then candidates having family income more than 1 Lakh will be considered but such candidates will not be provided any stipend. The duration of the batch is one year .After successful completion of one year course, the final examination of the students is conducted by the Language department, Punjab and certificates are awarded to the successful candidates by the Language Department, Punjab. This scheme is run under 100% Special Central Assistance and the expenditure incurred is borne by the Government of India.
The total number of sanctioned seats in Stenography Training Institutes, Mohali is as under:
- English Typing and Shorthand = 40
- Punjabi Typing and Shorthand = 40
|1||Mr. Mewa Singh||Instructor(English)|
|3||Mr. Swaran Singh||Instructor(Punjabi)|
|4||Mr. Raj Singh||Watchman|
The following criteria is adopted for admission in Stenography:
- Candidates must have graduate degree in any stream from a recognised University.
- Family income of the candidate from all the sources must be below one lakh.
- Age of the candidate should be less than or equal to 30 years.
- Candidates must have passed the graduation with the same subjects( i.e English or Punjabi) in which trade he/she is seeking Stenography training.
A Stipend of Rs. 750/-p.m. per trainee is provided in addition to free coaching, stationery, library facility etc.
The achievements of the Stenography Scheme are as under:
- Total no. Of Students trained from 1988 to 2014 = 1231
- Total no. Of Students who got employment = 857 In Govt./ private sector.
- Stenography Training Institute,Mohali Year 1988 to 2014.Total Admited and Selected Candidates click Here to download